MICRO-C 10 Vit C 10%
Micro C 10 - 10% L-ascorbic acid in Microsponge®
Announcing Vitamin C Next Generation Technology
Pure Vitamin C has immediate fast release but when combine with Microsponge® the release is slower and controlled.
Why in Microsponge®
– The Microsponge® system contains microscopic reservoirs that entrap and protect the delicate Vit C molecules.
- This revolutionary skin delivery system allows Micro C 20® to release continuously Vit C into the skin overtime.
- Microsponge® allows Micro C 10® to have the highest strength of Vit C in the market, yet be exceptionally gentle on the skin
Why in capsules
-Vit C is photosensitive: microcapsules containing Retinol enhance the stability of Vit C and prevent changes in odor and color in the final product.
-Unit dose: soft gel capsules contain the necessary quantity of Vit C in order to cover face and neck areas avoiding over dose.
Biological activities of Vitamin C
- Free radical scavenger:
Vitamin C is the most important antioxidant in numerous cellular activities. It acts as an antioxidant by scavenging and quenching free radicals throughout the body.
- Boosts the availability of Vitamin E:
Vitamin C regenerates Vitamin E and enables Vitamin E to provide sustained antioxidant protection in the skin’s elastin fibers.
- Stimulation of collagen synthesis:
application of Vitamin C in a skin penetrating medium can dramatically enhance the availability of Vitamin C for collagen synthesis
- Inhibition of melanin synthesis:
Vitamin C has been tested and reported in the Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology to inhibit the production of melanin. A lighter and brighter skin will reveal in just a few weeks.
- Stimulation of ceramides synthesis.
- Vitamin C plays a vital role in skin repair:
when the skin is injured, its Vitamin C content is used up rapidly in the scavenging of free radicals and the synthesis of collagen to speed the healing process.
- Vitamin C has an anti inflammatory action:
topical Vitamin C has been shown to reduce erythema following exposure to UV radiation and laser resurfacing. Once Micro-C®is applied, it becomes an inherent part of the skin;it cannot be washed or rubbed off. Micro-C® is protective as long as 3 days after application. Micro-C®contains Microsponge®which protects and stabilizes the highly unstable Vitamin C. It also holds Vitamin C in reserve, allowing the skin to absorb small amounts of Vitamin C over time thus avoiding irritation.
Micro-C 10®: Vitamin C and hyperpigmentation
- L-ascorbic acid affects the monopherase activity of tyrosinasevia its ability to reduce the enzymatically generated o-quinones,thus reducing melanin synthesis.
- L-ascorbic acid has a photoprotective effect, preventing the absorption of ultraviolet radiation (both UVA and UVB).